Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Prismacolor Illustration Markers




I was recently sent 3 sets of Prismacolor markers to review and I have to say I love these markers. The 3 kinds of markers I reviewed are: Fine Line, Chisel Tip and Brush Tip. They are acid free and archival quality, so they'd be great for scrapbooking. They are also much less expensive than some of the other markers out there. The colors are very vivid and appealing, as you can see from my samples.

The House Mouse is a rubber stamp that I colored in and the snowman and manga girl are freehand drawings using the 005 black detail marker for the outlines. They also have larger fine line sizes available, as well, for journaling, detailing, outlining, etc. The chisel tip markers can be used on the flat edge to color in large areas or on the very tip for fine detail work. I found it very easy to color in small areas of my rubber stamps using the tip. The brush tip markers are just as easy to use and will also fill in small detail areas by using just the tip. They would be good for a nice cursive script or creating "ribbons" of color. They can also be used on their sides to fill in larger areas. I use mostly bristol paper, and there was no bleed through.

These are being marketed as Illustration Markers, and I have to admit, I am not a professional artist, let alone an illustrator. I found that when using on bristol paper, I couldn't go over the image repeatedly without the paper getting "roughed up" from the wet ink. (Unlike my Prismacolor Art Markers) All-in-all, these markers do exactly what the advertising says: no bleed through, different tips to cover a wide range of applications, vivid colors that are lightfast, acid free and archival quality, and nontoxic. And if you go to www.prismacolor.com, you can get a rebate on your purchase. So you can try them for yourself and let me know what you think of them.

I will also send 2 lucky winners a set of four markers. Simply leave a comment and a link to your artwork completed with any Prismacolor product. The winners will be picked at random in December. I look forward to seeing your masterpieces!!

6 comments:

Helen said...

I use Prismacolor Colored Pencils on almost all of my coloring! I would love to try their markers! Thanks for the opportunity to win some!
Blessings!
~H

ultraroyale said...

Hi Linda;

I like working with the Prisma-Markers almost as much as my Copic.

I am scheduled to teach a series of Coloring Techniques classes at a local stores. One of the classes is on coloring with Prisma-Color Markers.

Great site, I love the picture of the baby duck.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!

Bob L.
ultraroyale@comcast.net

Sandy said...

I've never tried them but I will have to get some.

Angie - PENNY FLOWERS said...

I've been using Prismacolor pencils for ages and if the markers are any thing like the pencils then they must be terrific. I'd love to have a set of these.. something else to add to the wish list.
regards... Angie

http://www.pennyflowers.blogspot.com

Dawn's Spot said...

Dawn
I love the vibrant colors of these markers. and the picture of the child that was done in markers is stunning. The markers i have are no where the quality of those.
Great work.
dawn_baldwin@yahoo.com

Margee' said...

Wow! Those colors are so pretty! I've never used Prisma-Markers.
I use color pencils, guess I'm behind times.
Guess that's telling my age.